I finished my job at The Local exactly 1 week ago. It was a bittersweet occasion, and definitely marks a milestone. We had a good run of 17 months, and now it’s time to move along.
That moving along process first involves me being home. Home as in my apartment here in Stockholm (home time the the USA happening soon, too!). It’s been a few days, and I have to say I’ve been keeping myself plenty busy. In the midst of which, I’ve learned a few things:
- sleeping in makes one prone to less productive days
- grocery shopping on weekdays is soooo much easier
- the northern Swedish city of Luleå is translated to Dubai by Google translate
- even the bureacracy of an efficient country is sometimes so inefficient
- my mind will always find something to think/worry about, even if a job isn’t one of them
- never rent a car without insurance (and say no to Hertz!)
- my apartment is quite chilly – sometimes more so than it is outside
- how is it already 5pm?